Tuesday, October 25, 2011

No Slip

It seams, these days, that Hudson has his hands on everything! Including my kitchen towels! I used to keep them hanging on my oven door, but since Hudson has decided they are fun to steal, that's not going to work anymore. So I came across a very cute idea on Pinterest, and here is how it turned out!
You start with kitchen towels that match your kitchen, and some complimentary fabric (I used flannel), and a medium size button. Some people would probably use a pattern to cut their fabric out, but I didn't have the patience to do that last night, it was just to easy to wing it!

Start by pleating the fabric and pinning it.
Then sew it.
Cut out a triangular shape with tail like this
Cut out 2 of the triangles with tails and place them front to front, pin, and sew. Leave the bottom part open to put your towel into.
Place your towel into the open bottom of your triangle. Fold up the bottom of the triangle and pin it all together. Sew it together back and forth and few times. You want it to stand up to lots of washes.
Next, just sew on your button, and make a button hole in the flap. Done!
It'll look something like this! Just remember to have fun with it!
Don't worry about making it perfect, it is just a dish towel after all!
Happy sewing!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!