Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yummmm... of the week

Since this is my first week of this blog thing, and I LOVE food, I have decided that each week on Wed. I will share a recipe that I am obsessed with!!! I'm calling it my Yummmmm...of the week! So, here goes!

This weeks Yummmmm... is ***********Loaded Cornbread************
This is my Mom's recipe. It is super easy, and great to cook ahead of time, and reheat when you're ready!
Preheat oven to 350.
1/2 cup self rising flour
1/2 cup self rising cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening (crisco)
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 lb hamburger or sausage
1 can cream corn
1 cup cheddar cheese

Brown meat. Mix together flour, corn meal, sugar, crisco, egg, milk, and corn. Layer in 8x8 or 9x13 casserole dish, 1st layer- half corn mixture, 2nd layer- all hamburger or sausage, 3rd layer-cheese, 4th layer other half of corn mixture. Bake for 30-45 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.
Goes well with black beans.

Buon appetito! (have a good meal!)

1 comment:

Let me know what you think!